Monday, June 14, 2010

Unpacking one suitcase only to pack another...

Made it home after a 4 1/2 hour drive. Saw a beautiful sunset last night on the beach! Englewood is an interesting place--- very pretty, but the median age is probably 80 years old. Definitely not a whole lot to do there, but we had a very relaxing weekend nonetheless.

Tomorrow I'm heading off on a road trip with the fam sans husband (am I supposed to do things like that? Not sure...) but he couldn't take off work. We're visiting my cousins and the new baby somewhere in South Carolina, hitting up Asheville, NC and backpacking Shining Rock. It's been a while since the backpack has seen the outside of its home in the closet-- a little depressed as I tried to buckle the waist strap and it didn't even come close to connecting. Must. Start. Exercising.... 



Mike attempted to teach me how to skip shells. I failed. 



Beautiful sunset


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes it's okay to go sans husband. I've been traveling for 3 weeks and am only home for a few days before I do it all again. Someone has to take care of the dog, and let's just say I chose my career path for the days off!

Blog Archive