Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family Roadtrip- Day 1

If you happen to be traveling north on 95 through South Carolina, there is no possible way you can make the drive without stopping at South of the Border. It's pretty much the most fantastic place on the face of the planet. There's just something about the giant sombrero and general creepster feel that forces me to pull over every time. Annnnd it kept me entertained for about an hour taking pictures of all the billboards:

I don't know about you, but this one induced me to inappropriately uncontrollable laughter for about 5 minutes. 


                            This one immediately followed. 
                            I really couldn't tell you its meaning.  


No comment, but again, uncontrollable giggling ensued. And apparently I was the only one who thought it was funny.



                                  Really?! Come on now. 


And finally our glorious destination was reached. What could be better than a giant sombrero that you can go in? Mom and Dad said no, we could not ride to the top but maybe next time. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend Dana introduced me to South of the Border on a road trip over 5 years ago. She couldn't believe I'd never heard of or been there before!

Blog Archive