Thursday, September 29, 2011

So I had to bake a cake this week for a lovely friend's bday, and I wouldn't ever think of myself as a master baker. I'm usually a grab-a-box-of-funfetti kind of girl, but this time I had a little more ambition. Unfortunately, though, I don't have a go-to recipe. After calling a friend in desperation for an idea and not finding it online, it dawned on me:

APRICOT NECTAR CAKE!!

(What, you've never heard of it?) Every birthday my granny would make me this cake. It was my absolute favorite.... I'll never forget how excited I'd be when I heard the electric handheld mixer whirring, knowing it meant I'd get to lick the batter off the whisks. I've never tried to make this recipe; it turned out fantastic :)






I kinda cried a little during the whole process... I miss Granny's cooking!!

1 comment:

AMY! said...

Wow that's really impressive! But where was your KitchenAid Mixer?!

Blog Archive