Thursday, September 8, 2011

life lesson

I learned something very important today:

Don't verbalize your displeasure with an old car, because its feelings are easily hurt. 

Point taken, Exploder.

I had full intentions of going to our boys' first home football game. They've been asking me about it and I said for sure I was coming tonight with Diego. I accosted Ashley on my way out and convinced her to come home with me to get D, just to get away from school for a bit. On the way home, with much fervor and really without any reason I blurted out, "I can't wait until this car dies so I can get a new one." Ashley quickly said something along the lines of, "You better tell this car you love it. Never be mean to an old car."

Lo and behold, two minutes later, we hear a beeping sound and we can't figure out what it is... a dying cell phone? Something in our teacher bags? No... it's coming from the dashboard.

Then the car. just. dies.

In the middle of the road. On the main street where all our students/parents drive by.

Fortunately I was able to pull off... we were hysterically laughing at the irony of just having talked about this...and thankfully Rene (a friend in the neighborhood) came to the rescue. In the meantime a parent pulled over, seeing who we were, to offer assistance.

Oh dear.  I fear this is the first of many car issues to come. Just a little longer, Exploder.

 Let me make it to Spain first, then you can have your way and retire comfortably.

1 comment:

AMY! said...

Spain? What?

Blog Archive