Wednesday, September 7, 2011

finally i'll sit down to write.

i've been completely unmotivated to have anything to do with blogging. to be honest, i don't want this to be an emotional dumping grounds, so i've stayed away until i get an attitude check.

(attitude check hasn't really happened, but i'll blog anyways.) and i'll blog about the good things. Because deep down, i've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart (where?!)

good things in rachel's life:

-planning our first-ever couples' trip with Amy & Paul (does the apostrophe go there? I don't even care if it doesn't.)

-drinking an ice cold fat tire and watching people run by instead of being the one actually running

-the change of weather... it just smells like fall and makes my heart happy/ready for a season change

-the prospect of spending this weekend with my momma at a retreat.... i sure could use some Jesus right about now....and just a break from life in general....

-Gator football and the fact that tailgating season is finally back

- i work with some INCREDIBLY fantastic people. in fact, without them, i'd be completely insane by now.

-Let me expand on that last one--- I've been praying for a solid foundation of friends to help me through life here in good 'ol st. auggie... and this summer it all came to fruition as I realized how much i LOVE my coworkers who are now my best friends and who will help me function this year.

- our new(free from neighbor) foosball table and FINISHED GAMEROOM!! (as in, we have one game and that is foosball. plus some books and the old stinky futon.) at least i can check this room off the list and hopefully one day i'll get to the other ones...



-Michael. He is so good to me. and i don't give him enough credit, especially when i'm cranky and back in the routine of work. i'm glad he's still sticking by my side.

-aaaaaand even though i'm not sure what i'm doing tomorrow with the 8th graders (something about main idea & supporting details? hmmm.....) i'm gonna go cook myself a fantastic, kinda late, dinner.

The End.



No comments:

Blog Archive