Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To be or not to be?

Usually by now I'd be going a little crazy. I've attempted to be productive, but then again, I haven't. Life can too easily become a long to-do list and with summer here, I find myself feeling guilty if I'm not actively accomplishing something. While I do recognize that this time is perfect for tackling projects that I've been meaning to get to since moving in, I think I'm going to put them off for just a little while longer.

I mean, the Italians know how to live life (according to Amy Webster & the author of Eat, Pray, Love.) They work hard, but they take the time to relax and eat. And who cares how long dinner lasts, as long as you're in good company?

We, on the other hand, move from activity to activity and feel guilty for sitting stagnant. But after this school year, a whole lot of nothingness is just what the doctor ordered.

So today, (after a vet appointment that cost $150-- eek!) I gardened. Then I took pictures of the garden (with my new camera!) I rode my bike to the "Bookmobile" with Diego, who desperately barked at me the whole time I was renewing my book. And scrapbooked, while watching "Gone With the Wind." I then read while running on the treadmill, vacuumed/swept the floors, and capped it all off with mowing the lawn.

In retrospect, I guess I was pretty productive. But at least I didn't have a to-do list dictating my day.

On that note, I think I'll go grab a beer.

No comments:

Blog Archive