Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Just rain, already

A gray, blusterpy day that smells of rain, yet none comes
Dull melancholy in the house, finishing up projects in this brief window of opportunity
(namely, a photo book depicting our Asia trip from two years ago)
Movies I've been dying to see, now checked off the list
(Django, Silver Linings Playbook, Life of Pi)
Sadness settling in as I solidify our pack up dates
and D's impending departure to his sabbatical
which he might of picked up on, because he's been
staring at me all day long
A house in a state of disarray
the kitchen I feel like I've been cleaning nonstop
(only to have it return to its natural state)
items purchased, boxed up
anticipation mounting
fear creeping in
but peace settling in its place
patiently waiting for our upcoming transition

*********************************************************************************
Speaking of transitions, it wasn't difficult to slide into this life of temporary retirement.

On our walk today, I was on the phone with Annie in tears as we spoke of dates and logistics for D's big move. "I'm so saaaaaaad," I kept repeating, as D was his normal cute self, sniffing every weed and claiming it as his own. Then, he sprinted off to an exact location, which only means one thing... something's dead. Before I could get there, he'd covered himself in the distinctly awful goo and proudly continued on our walk. My tears dried up pretty quickly after that little episode.


Hey mom, I'm wet. Rolling in dirt will make me dry, right? 


No comments: