Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our Apartment

Here's a glimpse into our humble abode. 

(I know you've been just dying to see it.)

I was going to clean it all up nicely for the pictures, but I'm too lazy. 

The living room, where we sit and watch the German version of "America's Funniest Home Videos." Which has nakedness, by the way.  

The bathroom, with the awkward glass that you pull out to turn it into a shower...


Kitchen- much bigger than I thought it was going to be! Just enough space, even if the fridge is about 1/3 the size of my one at home...


Our room (and no, we don't make our beds. But the cleaning lady does!) 

Our wall of closets-- we brought too many clothes. Especially the kind that won't be worn in Frankfurt's cold, wet climate. Oops. 


Our "Wintergarden," althought I'm told you can't sit out here in the winter because it's too dang cold. I'll be purchasing a heater, perhaps, and some hanging lights and hydrangeas. 
I do love my outside space. 


The view from our apartment towards the city center...  the smaller black building is Mike's work! He thoroughly enjoys his 'commute.' 




 We are happy with our home; it's close to everything. I personally love that there's a small church across the street, with a kindergarten and choir rehearsal that you hear throughout the day. 

I'm off to tackle the grocery store yet again... need to start making dinners for the sake of our budgets and waistlines!







2 comments:

aunt kathie said...

thanks for the pictures. I loved seeing where you live. The grocery store will be your next challenge. It looks like youre adjusting very well. love you,

Jamie McLaughlin said...

I love reading about your new adventures in Germany. I'm so jealous! It looks amazing! Hope all is well!