Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time to Cleanse

I have always wanted to attempt a "cleanse"... I've only heard of the positives behind participating in one. With the holidays still lingering and travels ensuing, I've of late been eating my face off in gut-busting (albeit delicious!) foods. At Epcot this weekend, there were multiple meals in which I ate until I could not force one more bite of food in my mouth; it left me feeling uncomfortable and, well, gluttonous. It just seems like the right time for a 'detox,' denying myself the daily must-haves (coffeebreadcheesebeer) and replacing it with tons of fruits and veggies, healthy oils, and supplements.

But eating is also my favorite thing to do, along with drinking loads of coffee; a cleanse seems like a near-impossible task! I claim that I can stop drinking coffee whenever I want and be fine--- but could I really do that without a headache and massive crankiness ensuing? I guess we'll find out.

I went for Dr. Oz's 3-Day Detox Cleanse because I trust him... that it's not just some crazy fad-detox and I'll actually reap benefits. I like that I can have green tea in the mornings-- plus, I'm on a smoothie kick and I'm actually looking forward to trying the recipes.

The process began with a late-night run to Publix and an after-party at Kristin's to prepare the foods for the three days:




Holy crap there's a lot of choices!

The cost was slightly more than the promised "$16 a day;" fortunately Kristin and I already had some of the items on the list. The more expensive ones can be used far beyond this cleanse, like the coconut oil, lavender drops for the bath I can't wait to take, and the Omega-3 supplements. 

What a perfect day to start. I took my optional planning day off-- it's chilly, I'm covered with my new quilt from my sweet Aunt Kathie, green tea in tow. I'll keep myself busy today so my mind won't focus on the fact that I'm not eating/drinking my usual cheesebreadcoffeebeer. And despite Kristin's morning text of "I don't think I can stomach this smoothie..." I'll still press on. 



Here goes nothing-- I can do anything for three days, right?



No comments: