Tuesday, January 15, 2013

i might be sick, but...

... it doesn't mean that I'm not going to take full advantage of this absolutely gorgeous day. Instead of vegging in the confines of my cave-like room, I can snuggle up with my favorite quilt outside and enjoy the birds' morning soliloquies. Oh what life would be like if this were a morning routines, before heading into work! Teaching adolescents would be a piece of cake.


So even with my left eye weeping nonstop and bouts of sneezes taking over, I'm able to spend time reflecting and praying, working through a book for a bible study with coworkers and the prayer book Dad got me for Christmas. Which is awesome, by the way. I love having a focus each morning--- it beats sitting down and feeling like I have to pray for every single thing going on in my life.

This morning brings peace and contentment to this heart of mine. Even sitting on my simple porch, (my view partially blocked by plywood that's been lying dormant against the grill since November,) reminds me of the beauty of God's creation and the promises of a future guided by Him. 

A line in my prayer book stuck out to me this morning, quoted from a missionary named Ruth Myers:

I bow at the feet of Him who was dead,
and is now alive forever and ever.
I exalt Him, I yield myself to Him,
for He is worthy of the total response of my entire being. 

My prayer is for you to experience peace and restful contentment this week... enjoy this day and what it will bring!

No comments: