Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's

I've been putting off posting for this entire week-- time alone means lots of contemplating, and I want so badly to put my thoughts on 'paper' but I haven't known where to start. So, we'll save the it's-a-new-year-let's-reflect-on-the-year reminiscing for another time, and let's put in writing my 'resolutions.' Before I start, a slight disclaimer: New Year's resolutions are rarely accomplished. We set the bar too high, we forget in a week and slink back into what's comfortable, even if it's not where we want to necessarily be. I understand this.

But I will still make them, darnit.

The start of a 2013 Bucket List, pre-leaving Florida:

-- Pray more. (Stick with new prayer book from Dad-- it's awesome!)

-- Eat less. (Weight Watchers for the next 3 months-- done and done.)

-- Gate River Run with momma (booked, paid for, doing it.)

--Use my new immersion blender at least once a week (smoothies, pesto, soups, check.)

--Go to yoga (bought the Groupon months ago; need to use it.)

--Get back into blogging. I miss writing and the quiet moments it forces me to take.

--Send letters at least once a month. Who doesn't like getting mail?


That's it for now. There's a trail run calling my name...


(PS, just looked through last year's bucket list of resolutions; at least it wasn't a complete doozie)

(check) *See Annie in Washington
(check) *Visit NYC
(fail) *At least 2 hiking trips... one spring, one fall
(fail) *2 local camping trips
(check) *Jaunt through Spain
(fail) *Get back into tennis
(fail) *Run in three races
(check) * Plane flowers and mulch the yard in the spring
(check, sitting in it right now) *Set up a hammock
(epic fail) *Successfully grow tomato again
(ehhhhh) *Plan out weekly meals and establish a cleaning routine
(check) *Charleston with AMy and Paul
(somewhat) *Play piano
(check) *Try paddle boarding
(Ha! I was going to make this one for 2013... seems I have a problem...) *No more beer on the weekdays. Unless Kristin is over.


No comments: