Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cozied Up

I just can't get enough of my covers... I am loving being able to wear soft snuggly pj pants and bootie socks, while being tucked away under a heavy quilt. Even better that the glass of wine on my beside table is keeping me cozy on the inside.

Okay, this might sound weird, but I like to think of myself as some kind of machine that runs on fuel, only for the purpose of using it as an extended metaphor. Maybe it comes from my dad talking to us as a child about eating healthy, our bodies being like cars that run on the right kind of gasoline. If it's empty, we lack the energy to function. All this to simply say that my tank is currently full; I am content. It helps to be coming down from the high of a 2 week break; I'm thankful it's been a lovely transition, and not the burned-out nightmare I expected to happen. My work load is light (maybe because I choose to put tasks off?) the students, relatively pleasant. I also had some time to myself this week while Mike worked through work issues, which lent itself to reading and long runs that I could indulge in without feeling the guilt of neglecting my domestic duties. I've worked out all week and counted my calories, attributing to the start of the new year but praying to stick with this commitment to health.

The funny about life is next week will most likely look entirely different, and I'll be lamenting that my tank is dangerously below the red line and in need of fuel fast before I'm left stranded on the side of the road with a dead cell phone in the middle of the night.

But for today, I will revel in the momentary nonexistence of stress.

To top it all off, I love the onslaught of love that greets me as soon as I cross the threshold of home:


PS... did you know that I have about 3,4000 pictures that I've taken on my iPhone? Hot dang.

3 comments:

AMY! said...

p.s. did you know that you misplaced your comma in the amount of photos on your hot dang iphone?

Anonymous said...

Well, your body is a machine; your dad was on to something, and it will need to be re-filled next week just like your car. So remember how you felt when you posted this and when you're feeling low, determine what it is that you need to make yourself full. Because everyone deserves to be full.

Taylor said...

oh, i love your blog.
glad i found it!

Blog Archive