Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I complain about living in Florida a lot. Sometimes it feels hopeless, like I'll have to live here the rest of my life and will miss out living in cool places. Doesn't help that my sister is on an epic roadtrip across America en route to Washington...       
But then I am gently reminded to be content and thankful to be where I am, and to not worry about the future because it will take care of itself. God knows the desires of Mike & Rachel's hearts, but He also knows what's best for us at the moment.
Reading the articles in Backpacker over coffee made me so excited and hopeful for the fall season. They always include incredible weekend hikes that are relatively close by and I rip the pages out to one day complete. I have my whole life ahead of me.... and it challenges me to remain active and healthy so that in the future I can expose my kids to the joys of backpacking.

Hiking through the woods resonates through everything within me.... I feel alive and closest to God overlooking stunning mountains and swimming next to waterfalls. I love visiting cities and seeing old landmarks, but for me it's nothing like romping through God's creation. With that said, I will plan backpacking trips this fall. Sure, it takes extra effort/time/planning to get there. But I simply have to get over the fact that I live far away and make appropriate accommodations. North Carolina isn't that far away....

1 comment:

AMYLE1GH said...

Georgia isn't that far away...

Blog Archive