Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the wilderness

Scripture for the day: Joel 2:12-14 (the message)

Come back to me and really mean it!
Come fasting and weeping, sorry for your wins!
Change your life, not just your clothes.
Come back to God, your God.
and here's why: God is kind and merciful.
He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot,
The most patient God, extravagant in love,
always ready to cancel catastrophe.


This picture represents my time spent with God today. Yesterday I stumbled upon a secret entrance into the woods by my house made by the kiddos--I've always felt renewed in my faith when out in the 'wilderness' (even the porch counts sometimes when that's all I can manage.) I was deeply encouraged by the scripture He led me to about being deliberate to set time aside for quiet time and to simplify. All I've been doing lately is complaining about how busy I am with no extra time, which in turns causes me to turn to multiple desserts and wine/beer on a daily basis for comfort. In the car I've gotten to the point where I have to be doing something on my iphone and at home there has to be noise. So for the next 40 days these things will be stripped away.

I'm ready for this adventure, Lord. 
Lead me into Your wilderness and remind me how deep your love is. 

Blog Archive