Monday, March 7, 2011

Marathon Update

I'm sitting in the car on the way back from a wonderful weekend typing on my iPad that I'm beginning to fall more in love with as I use it more and more. Unfortunately i don't have 3G so I'll just have to type up what I'll post on the blog when i get home.

So i have to think all the way back to Thursday, huh? Looking through my pictures i see that I documented a lesson plan that i put my heart and soul into.... Teaching my kids about the Iditarod! Last October mike and i were watching e60 and they had an episode on the reigning champion of the 1131 mile dog sledding race and his willingness to mentor a young guy from Jamaica that Jimmy Buffet sponsored to train and race. I found myself enamored with the lives of these two men and knew i wanted to do something with their story in the classroom. So here I am months later at the start of the race! I put together stations for the kids to explore different aspects of the race.... Its history, the rules, the trail, and the participants. Over the next couple of weeks we will chart their easily progress and the kids will write them letters at the end of the race. I'm really excited about it and it seems like they are too!





I told them to look "studious"

Oh, and Thursday included a trip to a tiny house on the river that happens to be for sale. I'm jealous of its owner and hope one day to have a little girl who can have a house just like it.

No comments:

Blog Archive