Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This Week's Happenings

So far, so good.

There's Thanksgiving leftovers still in the fridge. Mike was embarrassed to have to take them to work today for lunch. Can't be wasteful, so I put all the ham in a pot and am currently making black bean soup... mmmmm.


Started a new devotional this week-- attempting to get up a wee bit earlier to start my day off right. So far, fantastic! Diego even gets to go on a walk before school, which makes us all happy.

So this weekend, Mike, his dad, and his brother constructed a cornhole game. I've been put in charge of making the beanbags, which required me to teach myself how to use a sewing machine. Currently my dining room table looks something like this:


 I pulled out the Singer from the bottom of the storage closet (thanks to Mrs. Suey, who also bequeathed me with the phenomenal square dancing dresses) and watched a whole lotta youtube videos to refresh my memory. Everything was going great and I kept announcing, "I LOVE SEWING! This is the GREATEST!" 

... then the dang thing stopped working. 

Needless to say, after taking it to a random sewing shop, it was user-error. Production should be up and running tomorrow. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't sewed since I was young, but I think it will return in my future someday too.

AMYLE1GH said...

this post cracks me up. i can hear you yelling all the way over here