Sunday, November 14, 2010

Not Enough Time

This weekend was a ridiculous blur. I'm all for doing exciting things on your days off, but there's gotta be some time to recuperate. Thankful, though, for friends and family and fun times. Looking forward to attending the NCTE conference this weekend which equals a 3 day work week!

The weekend was kicked off with a short but sweet camping trip with Younglife Leaders. Upon arriving at camp, Mike & I quickly realized we were supposed to bring our own tent- oops! But the night was saved as the boys figured out how to set up an extra one. Mike & I enjoyed our palace-sized accommodations for the night, and a phenomenal sunrise in the morning.



Saturday, my Mom came up. We made a quick town center run, then went to see Garrison Keillor's "Prairie Home Companion" recorded live under the stars. It was FANTASTIC! Much to Annie and my dismay, we grew up listening to the show every Sunday if we were in the car. We hated it. But as I got older, it found a special place in my heart. When I saw they were in St. Auggie it was destiny!! Had a wonderful time with my mom-- truly something we'll never forget.


I was then dropped off at Kristin's house to celebrate her momentous birthday occasion. Beverages were consumed, games were played. Good times for all.

Today delivered a much needed connection with God at church this morning. And a 3 hour flag football practice, which I'm already feeling sore from. We then found a new park on the river that is a promising spot for future picnics. 

Even though this weekend was full of activities, I miss my husband. I feel like we didn't connect much... and I'll be gone this upcoming weekend. Then the fam's in town for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll make up for missed time this week!

No comments: