Friday, November 5, 2010

Dear Fall,

I have to be honest; once October hits, my mind turns to Christmas. I'm forced to think about the gifts that could be purchased and how I'll spend my 2 week break. But let's be serious... it's not entirely my fault. Starbucks pulls out the red cups, radio commercials have jingle bells in the background... a girl can't help herself. But this year, Autumn, I promise to enjoy you the short time you choose to stick around. I'll keep my mind off Christmas until after Thanksgiving, just like I used to long ago. 

Today I made it as 'Fall' as possible in the Checchia household. In consisted of:

-Open windows
-NickelCreek on Pandora (bluegrass)
-New sweater wearing that's been waiting for usage
- And of course, Dad's famous chili recipe!!


I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm making Chili today too. Is that Worcestershire sauce in Dad's famous recipe? Hmmm, interesting.