Monday, November 8, 2010

Fresh Start

It's difficult to receive constructive criticism lightly. I'm only human; I love to be praised and told that I'm doing a good job. When I'm told anything less, it's easy for my pride to be deflated like a popped balloon. But receiving feedback is a great place to assess how I can be better at my job. I was beautifully reminded by a coworker to reflect on why my heart is in teaching; I'm not there merely to raise test scores and teach my kids how to read and write. Ultimately my desire is to help them along their journey and let them know they're valued, loved, and a vital part of this world. 

I've been so wrapped up in stressing myself over meeting every requirement. While this is okay and a part of life, I need to keep in mind who I should be trying to please. 

Galatians 1:10 says "Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

This is my life-verse for the week :)

No comments: