Sunday, August 15, 2010

Officially the Last Day

I admit it... I still love to listen to Dashboard Confessional once in a while. There was something about the screaming, whiny lyrics of Chris Carrabba that sucks me in every time. It never fails to bring me back to when you needed a song to play on repeat for after experiencing a breakup... and of course  singing at the top of my lungs coming home from the beach with my sister in the 1980 Volvo with the sunroof cranked open. 

So this week, while painting Diego's dogbowl in the garage, I cranked Dashboard loud and proud for the whole neighborhood to hear. I didn't stop yelling those emo lyrics when the elderly bug man came to spray next door. I even teared up a little when "Age Six Racer" comes on, because it never fails to be my end-of-summer anthem:

So long sweet summer
I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays
So long sweet summer
I fell into you
Now you're gracefully falling away 

That's deep, Chris Carrabba, real deep. 

Here are the pictures for the day--- the first ones to ever be taken with my new iphone that just came in:


Rachel's morning coffee process-- I love opening a new bag! I bury my face into it an breathe deeply... mmmmmm.




The new wall color-- but it's too blue! Painting over it this week with paint from Kristin's house because she's better than I am at picking out colors.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But where's the pic of the dog bowl? I want to see it!

I have the same problem with paint color...last year I painted my classroom and one wall is a REALLY bright yellow. YIKES.

AMYLE1GH said...

you got an iphone?!?!?!?! JEALOUS.

please don't break/lose it. tell mike you need to purchase the insurance plan.

Blog Archive