Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A poem

I am sovereign over your circumstances
Humble yourself under my mighty hand
 Rejoice(!) in what I am doing in your life now
Though it's beyond your understanding
You have everyone you need in Me for this life
 and the one yet to come
The ultimate challenge is to
 Fix your eyes on Me
No matter what
 For when I'm central
You see things from My perspective

 (today's devotion in "Jesus Calling" summed up in a poem)

 I've found that the more time I spend with God, the more He speaks to my heart through scripture and this sweet little book I'm working through. Imagine that-- you mean, the more time i spend with someone the more I get to know that person? It ain't rocket science, but seriously, what the heck have I been doing my whole life? Lately I've been consumed with dreaming about the next phase of life; I feel the Lord is telling me to slow it down, to only concern myself with each day, one step at a time. I'm not stressing about next year, but I am honestly thinking a lot about it, and that's not where my focus should be. Right now in this season of life it should be on intimacy with my Father. The rest will take care of itself in His perfect timing.

 The scripture for my devo today was 1 Peter 5:6-7 (the Message) Be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you, he will promote you in the right time. Live carefree before God- he is most careful with you!

 Okay God,you have my full attention :)

No comments: