Thursday, May 24, 2012

Favorite Moments

This morning's devotional was a call to focus on the 'treasures' that God embeds within your day. 
In the midst of everything going on with school, future plans, and frisky middle schoolers, 
I knew a change of perspective was necessary.
I don't know if today was filled with more treasures than usual, or if I was simply 'rewarded' for taking my focus off of worries and irritations... but God delivered. My day was full of joy that canceled out the fact that my students have gone insane and are planning a mutiny against me. 


My sweet moments:
--I saw an old, dear friend (Mr. Nick!) who was visiting our school. Our encounter, while only limited to a hug as I quickly ran out to grab copies in the middle of class, made my heart so happy!

--The most wonderful teacher was honored in a surprise retirement party today. Our faces were in pain from laughing so hard as we shared ridiculous stories of how this woman has touched our lives-- gave me the warm fuzzes that we were all together as a 'family' ... new babies, old friends.... lesson plans and stress forgotten as the year closes out... 

--The student I've been tutoring was given his 'dream' today by an awesome local organization-- his family is being sent on an Alaskan cruise! Our school was so sweet in donating and raising money to help pay for the trip. It was a blessing to witness.


This tree-- I've never been able to capture the heart that the trees make! But can you see it? Makes me smile on my drive home to work every day. 


Kinda gross, but kind of cool-- tiny baby caterpillars have shown up twice. And they are very hungry-- but I removed them to the woods and away from the tomatoes. 


Sunsets are always a welcomed treasure in my book. And this one was particularly lovely. 



Other favorite moments?

*A much-needed conversation with Annie, despite her calling back 20 min. later when she realized a dog had gotten into the yard where she's housesitting and had killed all the chickens... ("There's dead bodies strewn about the yard!! What do I doooo???!!")

*Consuming the best peanut butter ball EVER. Seriously. I almost died it was so good. 

*Connecting with one of my challenging classes over "The Outsiders" and being AMAZED at the connections that they made 

*My porch lights that I debated over for 20 minutes in Target. Well worth it.

Let's hope for more of the same tomorrow and especially the three-day weekend!



1 comment:

AMY! said...

favorite moment of your blog- Annie's quote. "Bodies strewn" haha, and awww.
Also, very excited for your sweet student & his trip to Alaska!