Saturday, February 4, 2012

Seriously.

Could this Saturday be any more perfect?
It's mornings like these that I dreamed when Michael and I were engaged. I understood that marriage wouldn't always be unicorns and rainbows, but I also hoped for moments of pure bliss like these.

Of course, everyone's ideal Saturday looks different, but mine starts off with sleeping in with nowhere to be, and a little snuggling with the whole fam (Diego joins as soon as he detects movement.) Mellow music (The Civil Wars, Adele, and Dave Matthews) played gently on Pandora and an extended, scalding shower was taken where legs were finally shaved.

Pandora station migrates to the living room, and as I'm getting dressed I hear the hubs putting away the dishes from last night (nothing's sexier than a man helping with chores!) which makes my heart extremely happy. Coffee made, time put into a breakfast of an egg scramble with avocado and saracha hot sauce (oh how I love my Saturday morning breakfasts.) Back porch sitting while Mike and Diego wrestle in the yard and the chilly wind dries my wet hair as Pandora continues to play spot on mellow music.

I am blessed. I am loved. I am recharged. And it's only the beginnings of a fantastic weekend.

Gotta go, Mike's waiting to play ping pong.

No comments:

Blog Archive