Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ode to my Valentine

(I attempted to write a silly poem just now, but nothing was coming out.)

I love how you and I are best friends.  Our relationship began with friendship and will always have that foundation. Despite what this life will bring, I know that we will be able to get through it with grace and love. I'm thankful that we always seek adventures, even if it's as simple as  driving 10 minutes to the woods for a quick jaunt with Diego. We share common life goals and ways to seek joy, yet are different as well in a complimentary way. It's the perfect fit-- you're the honey mustard to my chicken fingers, the dark chocolate to my peppermint, the transmission fluid to my janky truck. 

While I haven't always been a fan of Valentine's Day for  America's sick obsession with always needing a holiday to purchase for, I have come to appreciate the day for the fact that it forces me to plan how I make you smile, to ensure I take that day to let you know that I absolutely could not function without you. Thank you for making this year special, with the beautiful roses and a wonderfully devised plan for a perfect night out. It was worth the long, exhausting day at work and slight 'wine' headache as I worked with 8th graders one-on-one with their writing.


we had a phenomenal dinner at "Collage" and stayed out at Brett's afterwards

i attempted to make cake balls. actually, there was no cake involved... oreo truffles?

then i wrapped them in tinfoil and wrote a secret message


yep, pretty dang proud of myself. not gonna lie. 

i can't even begin to tell you how happy flowers make me. 
they fix everything, they make me feel like a princess. 

Happy heart day, friends!

No comments:

Blog Archive