Tuesday, February 21, 2012

At school. Couldn't sleep last night, crazy bout of anxiety invaded my brain and bored itself into its crevices. Usually these types of repetitve, worst-case-scenario thoughts are reserved only for nights before observations or are a result of a negative event that is still awaiting consequences.

It was absolutely awful.

I found myself up a couple times pleading with the Lord to remove the half-dreams from my semi-conscious state, and at one point I felt like a blindfold was placed over my eyes which somewhat blacked out the thoughts. Long enough for a quick slumber, at least, until they started up again in full force. It made me feel so weak and helpless, these lies that bored into my head and tried to conquer my heart like a small army.

I was thankful when the morning alarm sounded, though today is a bit of a drag. I feel the weight of last night still camped out on my chest


-- looking forward to resting this afternoon and communing with the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you I love you I love you!

Blog Archive