Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chile Bound

My sister, Annie, is leaving for Chile today with a good friend of hers to teach English. A tiny part of me wishes I was going, too, but I suppose I'll have to live vicariously through her. Kristin and I were talking the other day bout how hard it would be to just leave and travel to another country at this point in our lives... but really, what is it that holds us back? As a nation, why are we consumed with doing things the 'right way...' going to college, getting a job, starting a family, making money...

Sometimes I just want to start over and move to another country with Mike. Maybe we could learn to be sheep farmers in New Zealand (I just finished reading "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiaasen,) or start a coffee shop in Peru, or teach in Costa Rica. At the very least, get out of Florida ASAP.

So anyways here's to Annie--- pray for her safety, and that God would use her to serve and love her students unconditionally. And who knows-- maybe He'll challenge her to become a teacher here in the States?


and if anyone wants to do something a little crazy and go hiking with her in Patagonia in December, let me know. We can make it happen...

1 comment:

AMYLE1GH said...

i vote for opening a vineyard in tuscany.

p.s. you should comment on my blog, it feels neglected