Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

I've failed a bit at the whole "updating every day" goal--- I've apparently been busy. This weekend was exactly how a 4th of July celebratory weekend should be. Being that this holiday happens to be my favorite, it must be the best weekend ever, every summer. I'll never let Mike forget the summer that I went to visit him in Gainesville when we just graduated high school; he convinced me to stay for the 4th and promised a fantastic day-- you can imagine the tears when we found out... on the 4th... and Gainesville celebrates on the 3rd with fireworks. 

Anyways,  we 'wigged out' for Heather's birthday, and because I didn't want to pay for a new wig, I used the only one I owned... a fro, complete with rattails and cornrows. 


The 4th was perfect: beach, barbecue, fireworks at the fort. Life couldn't get much better :) 







Heading to camp with the Wyldlifers-- be back in a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where I grew up, in Bloomington, MN, they always do fireworks on the 3rd too. I always thought it was so weird.