Monday, October 20, 2014

autumn leaves and BFFS

Reunited with our British BFFs at last! Michael and I took a much-needed excursion to Birmingham to spend the weekend with Dan and Martha. I was craving their friendship and, quite honestly, a break from the city. I know, I know, we've only been here three weeks, how could I possibly need a break already? Well, adapting to metropolis living will be a slow (but steady!) process for me. 

I'd much prefer the english countryside. If only it contained all the fun things to do in London and jobs and public transportation, we'd be set. 

(Disclaimer: This is not where Dan and Martha live currently. But, it's a sweet town called Shrewsbury that they'd one day like to call home.)



In true Hausfrau + boys style, we ate and ate and ate all the good things. 

Like Cornish pasties.


And ice cream. Always a good time for ice cream, says Mike.






 Shrewsbury is one of those quaint little towns that cause squeals of joy every time you turn another corner. Look at this little passageway! The fall colors! Beer called "Harry Porter!" I love it.


Looking forward to more adventures with our partners in crime!




No comments: