Monday, July 1, 2013

Rudesheim am Rhine

Have you ever imagined yourself cruising down the Rhine river, 
stopping off in the little towns to experience a bit of German culture and romance?


We experienced just a taste this weekend on an impromptu visit to Rudesheim, one of the towns on the Southern end of the Rhine itinerary.



It was one of those "I-can't-believe-I-live-here" days. 
And Rudesheim supposedly isn't the prettiest town on the Rhine?! You mean, there's better than this?


I don't know about that. 



We had no agenda, no sites to check off the list. 
Just hopped off the train and started walking the streets of this quaint little town. 





Liken it to walking around St. Augustine. It was busy, but not in an annoying way. Mostly tourist shops and biergardens. Stopped for ice cream, of course, my new daily habit. 
Meandered through the yard of the wine museum.




We took a cable car to the top, savoring the views of the surrounding vineyards and towns.




Had to have a glass of Riesling at the top-- I was afraid it'd be too sweet, but it wasn't sweet at all. I guess German Riesling is different than what I'm used to? I'll have to look into that. 



 I'm impressed, Germany. Truly, I am. 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic!! It looks marvelous

Nanajohsol said...

Waiting for the Paris update!!!!