Monday, July 15, 2013

A Week's Worth

Last week was chock full of spontaneity and an abandonment of the routines I painstakingly established  the two weeks prior. Before, I was waking up and enjoying coffee over the Bible. Exercising. Being productive. Blogging.

Last week, none of that happened.

Monday
Michael and I found ourselves out late 4 out of 5 weeknights last week, which again threw off the routines we set but was worth it. Monday nights are now reserved for a trivia team we've joined (go team Schnitzengiggles!) and although we're both pretty awful at all things trivia, it's a fantastic time and something to look forward to. The two questions I knew last week were "What book of the Bible were the 10 Commandments given?" and I could name the song that was playing as N'Sync while most Germans chose Backstreet Boys. I win. Our team won, which was incredibly satisfying even if I really didn't contribute.

Terrible picture, but worth posting because I nearly got our team in trouble for having my cell phone out. Whoops. 


Tuesday
I believe it was the warm sunshine that beckoned to greater things, places to explore, bathing suits to be reunited with. I sought out a lake with a friend who grew up in Orlando and, like me, was in need of some Vitamin D and sunburns. And even though the lake was a filled up quarry (meaning heavy machinery views on the horizon) and the 'sand' was more like chalky dirt, my heart sang as I found my happy place soaking up the sun sans sunscreen and cooling off with quick dips into the lake.



Tuesday night we decided to try out this huge event with an international meetup group. There ended up being waaaay too many people in a tiny space, and quite a few members of an older set looking to find a companion, so we started our own party on the riverbank and bought cheap beers from a nearby market. Much better... although we did re-enter the venue to hit up the dance floor, which played fantastic hits such as "Dame mas gasolina" twice, "Suavamente," and "Gangham Style." We were there more for the people watching, which was epic.

Wednesday
I was all lazy in the morning; by noon I had summoned up the desire to get out of my PJs and out into the real world to be productive. I then received a text from Martha which said, "Want to go to the zoo?" Um, let me check my (empty) schedule... YES! So we walked down to the zoo which ended up being really awesome as far as zoos go. It was filled with baby animals-- good thing the boys weren't there, because we had all the time in the world to stare and squeal and take a million pictures of all the babies. Afterwards we stuffed ourselves silly with pizza and gnocchi and IPAs. I'd call it a good day.






Thursday
I don't remember Thursday. But I believe we took it easy after all of our social events earlier on in the week.

Friday
Met Michael for lunch at our new favorite Friday spot, a farmer's market type deal that has the BEST bratwurst we've found thus far. Afterwards I met up with a girl I'd met at the Tuesday night event for eiskaffee and we decided to randomly hop on the touristy "Apfelwein" train, but after finding it doesn't run on Fridays, went for the sightseeing boat instead. It was lame. But we had fun anyways.


Boat view. Nothing spectacular.. same view can be seen from bridges. 

Squeezing the life out of summer-- even if it looks a little different, the same desire to do everything outside and with ice cream in hand is still there. 
Enjoy your week!


No comments: