Monday, March 11, 2013

perhaps one day

Cheree and I had a conversation this weekend about these silly forms we filled out when we graduated and stuck in a time capsule. I'm pretty sure when asked ten years ago about where I'd be now, I believe my answer was "I'll be a nurse, married to a doctor, living on a farm with kids running around." I can't help but laugh at my former, somewhat naive self. How completely foreign, this life I dreamed as a child. All it took was one semester of chemistry to know that any job in a medical profession was out, at least back then.

But isn't life sweet? It's never how we intend, because where would the fun be in that? I never planned on teaching, marrying young or even living in Florida for any period of time after college but here we are. And life is sweet, just what the Lord had in mind.



Ten years... how rapidly we sail through time, one event to the next!

And in ten more years? I envision us living in an older house on a sizable chunk of land, with massive trees and a swing that we'll claim is for the kids, (but really is for me.) A huge garden will take up the yard, and it's in this garden that I'll teach science and life skills to my children (whom yes, I'll homeschool or send to a co-op or something like that.) We'll find a way to blend my granola self and my husband's stylish, modern ways into a life that's completely what was meant to be.

Take time to dream today. Where do you see yourself? What do you hope this life will bring?






1 comment:

AMY! said...

can my kids go to your school too?