Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lackadaisical days

Yesterday was one of my favorite kinds of days. You might argue that I say every day is my favorite day, but I especially loves ones with no pressing agenda in mind and a mile-long to-do list. Okay, maybe not a mile long or particularly important (skinny jeans, turquoise earrings and wedges for Europe? Check!) but tasks to complete nonetheless.

It was a perfect start to a perfect summer. And mind you, this type of errand-running bliss can only be achieved when it doesn't matter what the heck you do that day, or the next for that matter. I would not be able to find joy in this manner during the school year on a weekend, or even a day off. It must be done lackadaisically (I had to look up the spelling of that one) and solely in the summer. It cannot be paired with other important things to do, like cleaning or doctor's appointments. And you cannot plan it in advance. I will now give you a glimpse into the best kind of day, a la Rachel style:



7:30- Wake up because husband's alarm is going off every 5 minutes with obnoxious piano song. BUT the best days do start early so you can pack in more.

8:30- Drop hubby off at work. Freedom starts. (You might be wondering why I didn't just drive my own car. Well, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to die while driving on 95 in the hurricane-type weather we've been experiencing, thus, the truck has been lying dormant at Carlos's apartment in Jacksonville since Friday.)

8:45- Arrive at beach. Forgot bathing suit, but was not deterred. Went for a walk and found sweet shells to mail to Annie.

9:30- Went to Starbucks to read devotional. Journaled for a while, then listened intently to a couple's break-up fight two tables over.

11:00- Meandered over to Office Depot to spend teacher gift card I never used. Bought 20 felt pens in all colors which made me deliriously happy.

11:45- World Market. Just because I love World Market so much. Found gifts for mom's bday.

12:30- Publix sub!! Ate it slowly in the parking lot.

1:00- Old Navy. New skinny jeans, shirt, pjs.

1:30- DSW, which is NOT usually a place I would choose to go to on a fun errand day. But I braved it and came out successfully with a pair of cute wedges.

2:00- Met up with sweet Danielle at Starbucks. Went to Pottery Barn, Anthro, and American Eagle (sandals and jewelry)

3:30- Target, of course. Held back from purchasing everything, finished off Mom's gift.

4:00- Barnes and Noble for my favorite pastime-- reading travel books in preparation for next week's journey!

5:30- Dinner with the boys (Cruisers for loaded fries... mmmmmmmmm....)

7:00- Church for art jam! PS art stresses me out.


AAAAAAND I"m sure everyone stopped reading this hours ago but that's what the perfect day looks like. Now it's on to the beach with the puppers and an afternoon of cleaning in anticipation of the littles coming this weekend!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: