Friday, June 8, 2012

back porch musings

It's only officially day one of summer, and I already feel like a new person.
Quiet time on the porch spent in prayer and scripture has filled me with a sea of hope.
This season will be riddled with adventure; I'm giddy like a small child going to Disney for the first time!
It's unreal... Spain, Holland, Poland... Seattle to see Annie-- my older sister and kiddos staying at the house, new babies to celebrate, birthdays, theme parks... I'm so excited for what's in store!

I felt God quietly speaking to my heart this morning to love on people this summer--
 to "be available to my family," which I read somewhere in Psalms (but can't find it now..) 
While school's in, it's a challenge to 'be available.' I'm busy. And tired. And terrible remembering birthdays and celebrations, which I'm totally convicted of. 
I didn't make time for my sweet Younglife girls this year, some of them going through tumultuous situations and me being 'too busy' to listen. 

So this summer, I'll be available. 

I'll make the time to hang out with the girls- to reconnect with friends- to send cards-
to love my hubby-to serve at church. 

And now it's time to run errands, my favorite! (Seriously) 

No comments: