Tuesday, October 4, 2011

today is a good day.

The weather has sparked a change in these parts. Everyone's a bit happier, calmer, and craftier. The soup recipes that have been on hold are finally making an appearance:

(spicy sausage and kale soup... still cooking but smells delish

...and all the kiddos are out screaming in the streets. Even Mike was inspired to mow the lawn and play with Diego.

(Dad, why'd you throw my toy into the tree?)

Bluegrass is playing on Pandora, the windows are open in the house, and my heart is full of joy. 

Other sources of happiness this week came in different forms:


Surprise! I had no idea these two were growing in full force. I gave the cukes a second chance and they aren't letting me down. 

The garden in general makes my heart happy.  I'd like to grow kale but can't find the seeds... might be too late by now... but the garden has given me tons of these:

Green peppers!! Don't be fooled by their red-ness. I just left them on the plant too long. 
I've always HATED green peppers until about last week when I forced myself to eat one with hummus, and I am now in love. Isn't it great when your tastebuds change and you give foods a second chance? 

Homemade birthday cards from far-away friends. I couldn't stop laughing last night at their ridiculousness. Made me nostalgic for times when we were closer/living together (or at least within the vicinity.) I am so thankful for my friends!

The soup is done, I must go test it out.

:)




1 comment:

AMY! said...

i spy a beer