Thursday, October 20, 2011

Picture dump day #2

The cabin was amazing. Set back in the woods, right on a beautiful river, just absolutely perfect. Diego had the time of his life exploring and bringing us every stick he found, which in the woods, is a lot of sticks. 


Mmmmm. Have I ever mentioned that I feel most at home in the woods?


Especially the woods in the 'south.' I'm pretty dead set on raising my children within the vicinity of the Blue Ridge/Smoky Mountains... I guess I'd feel different if I were raised going somewhere else like the Rockies or Cascades, but I feel so at home here. I think it will always be like that for me... 
In my heart I'll always hold memories of family getaways and summer youth camp in North Carolina, of camp in Tennessee and rafting down the Ocoee. 
I'm meant to be here, or at least closer than a 9 hour drive. 



Oh, just having breakfast on this rock jutting out into the river. No big deal. 

Okay, let me explain these next set of pictures. I set the timer but didn't realize it was going to take five quick succession pictures. I cracked up today at our ridiculous faces... 


#1-- We were ready.

#2-- Thought the picture was over. How it managed to get ALL of us with our eyes closed, not sure. But it's awesome. Except Diego, who was like, "What was that sound?!"

#3-- please focus on Michael's face. It's like he sees a leprechaun behind the camera... he can't believe that it took another picture!!


#4 And then we all catch on, except for Paul, who's like, "Taking pictures suck. I just want to eat." and Amy, who's like, "Maybe they won't notice if I fart right now..."

#5 Did Paul and Kelly mean to make the same face?


Oh leaves, this is why we drove so far. 


Look at us trying to be stern parents while our unruly child causes a scene in front of everyone...



<3



Yeah, he fell in. It was cold. His butt was soaked.
We came across this lame stream after driving for a super long time looking for an apparently non-existent waterfall that no one could tell us how to get to. In an act of desperation and need to get out of the dang car, we spotted a crick, pulled over, and ran into it. 




.... what are Paul and Amy looking at?....


And then we found the stupid thing! Hooray. The day was saved and we were able to get a little bit of hiking in. 



This was one tuckered out pup. 


bahhahaha

No comments: