Sunday, February 13, 2011

weekend recap

Technically these pictures were taken on Friday, but for a-picture-a-day's sake, we'll say we stayed out so late that it ran into Saturday.


(I LOVE it when I accidently close my eyes- best. pictures. ever. Annie's face is pretty epic, too)

Saturday also included accompanying the kiddos for solo & ensemble, which always makes my heart happy. I'm so thankful that Mom & Dad forced me to stick with piano and that music is so engrained in the fiber of my being. Walking those high school halls this weekend made me appreciate the teachers who challenged us to work towards solo & ensemble, to try out for All State, and to pursue music in college. One even predicted my own future in education, (which at the time I vehemently pushed out of my mind as a career path...)

Although not being accepted into the music education at UF (twice) was at the time tough, spending time with our band director preparing the kids for competition was a CLEAR indicator that God's plan was NOT for me to be a music teacher. I can't spend more than an hour with them squeaking their clarinets without wanting to rip my eyes out of my face.

Good call, God. And bless Charlie for instilling the love of music into the next generation. 

No comments:

Blog Archive