Monday, February 21, 2011

...and then a much deserved break!

What I love most about my relationship with Mike is our adventurous spirit. I feel closest to him when we are in the woods checking out new trails, climbing trees, and getting as close as we possibly can to the wildlife:

This guy's big brother almost took Mike out when he rode his bike a little close.

We've never been to Jekyll Island before and decided it was about time to go. We found a lovely hotel for the night (camping was too much work this weekend-- I wanted minimal effort and cleanup!) loaded up the bikes and took off.  With 20 miles of biking trails there's a lot to see and plenty of relaxing to be had. 


Jekyll Island has a rich history that I was too lazy to read about, but with enough glancing at signs outside of ruins and old plantation homes I learned that families such as the Rockefellers and J.P. Morgan used to stay at the club as party island.

400 year old trees! Sweet. 


Mike found a rope swing in the middle of the woods...




And that night I consumed shrimp and grits, squash casserole, jalapeno corn bread, and green beans. MMMMMMMm

Lovely. 

No comments:

Blog Archive