Thursday, October 17, 2013

insert witty title here

Everything's been slightly off-kilter this week. Not sure what it is... perhaps an onslaught of a change-of-weather blues?

It's hard to explain. Our tiny apartment has random items strewn carelessly about. A suit that Mike wanted me to take to the cleaners two days ago. A deliciously written book and an almost-done scarf waiting patiently on the coffee table... yet I can't pick them up to finish either? I haven't had cream in the fridge for two days now, which means I'm drinking my coffee black. I hate black coffee.

The hubs comes home from work and I feel so disconnected-- him, tired from a day at work. Me, restless and wanting to talk, connect, something. I don't know. This expat life can be so peculiar at times, a roller coaster ride of sorts where the weekends are in full swing and we're looping around, squealing wildly feeling that rush of "Holy-crap-this-life!!" Weekdays take over, and if one's not careful, it's easy to slide into old habits and thoughts (What am I doing with myself? You suck.)

Sorry for the negativity; I'm not complaining. Absolutely not. Just muddling my way through why I'm feeling the way that I am.

On a different note, spur-of-the-moment woods walks work wonders (like that alliteration? You're welcome.) The moments where I'm feeling the lowest are when I receive a random "Let's go for a walk" text and I know it's a gentle reminder that I was not created to be alone or to wallow around feeling sorry for myself for reasons I can't decipher.







 Catching leaves out of the sky is good luck, right?


This tree pees when you get close to it. German humor. 

A beefsteak mushroom? Looks like flesh. I almost vomited. 


Foraging for walnuts

picking my first apple ever!






Leaving this couch and vowing not to return to it today, until this evening when I will snuggle up next to Mike to catch up on our American shows. Baked potato soup is on the menu tonight.

I refuse to allow myself to feel sad and lonely today. That is all :)



No comments: