Monday, October 21, 2013

A Week's Worth

Skimming through pictures this morning from last week, as I apparently took a hiatus from Instagram. Isn't it funny how you can feel a certain way about something, but then look back and realize that it was better than you're making it out to be? Last night, when my emotional barometer indicated low pressure and life was full of cupcakes and rainbows, I thought, "I sure am glad that this week is OVER." It took the slightest thing to set me off into a pit of despair... like yesterday afternoon when I felt like the walls of our tiny apartment were closing in on me and nothing could be done to bring joy back into the world.

So we went on a bike ride. As soon as we hit the woods, the cloud of lame sadness lifted and I felt more myself. Except when I saw a lab who was loving life in the river. That made me choke up. 



Anyways, the whole point of my tangent is that sure, parts of last week sucked. But really only the parts where I allowed myself to wallow in a sadness that is unnecessary and not linked to anything substantial or worth griping about. 

And judging from my iPhone pictures, it was actually filled with really wonderful people and experiences:


Family Dinner night-- Wii bowling and takeout curry (!!)



Bringing home carrots.. in my carrot grocery bag...



Scrabble Thursday complete with delicious cakes and wine


Fashion Friday-- We found a tiny pony!


And some cool hats.


Shameless Selfie going out picture-- Bought this dress in Florida last winter, actually blow dried my hair, went to a bar that looked like a haunted castle.. it was a fantastic night!


Flea market treasures-- a new bike, an awesome old trunk for the Mondons, knit booties for Mike. The fun part was walking the trunk through the streets of Frankfurt...

I introduce to you... Hercules!! This bike's living upstairs with us so it won't get stolen. 


The highlight of the week was Saturday night, when everyone was invited over for a proper American "tailgate." We watched the Gator game in real time, ate burgers and grilled jalapeƱo poppers, had a mini-keg... it was glorious!

But the real fun came when Sophie and Paul brought over a meter of Super Dickmans, chocolate covered marshmallow fluff with the best name ever.
I kid you not, there was a game suggested on the back of the box where you blindfold someone, spin them, then they have to seek out a Super Dickman to eat. 


Can you only imagine the hysterics and crude jokes that lasted for a good hour or so?! 
Forever scarred into my brain. 







They MOVED the Dickmans so I would lick the table! Rude. 


The sun's out, the weather promised 70 degrees tomorrow, I have mahjong to look forward to and we're going to Barcelona to see Byron and Lauren on Wednesday. 
I'm a happy girl!



No comments: