Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mini-Jobs

Life is shifting over here on our expat adventures. This one got herself what the Germans call a 'mini-job' working a whopping nine hours a week as an administrative assistant. For all you teacher friends, think of it as being paid to help Pam out with the tasks that 'ain't nobody got time for.' Yesterday as I sat filing expense reports from 2012, I found myself mulling over the idea of working in the business world... seemingly so different from the teaching realm, yet (after my four hours of working there) something I could possibly see myself pursuing? One day, perhaps. The plan is to work my way up from coffee girl to head consultant-- ready, set, go!

On another note, I have maybe two outfits that are appropriate for a business environment. Picture my room yesterday with every article of clothing strewn manically about; turns out most of my teacher clothes I've been wearing for the past 5 years are too dingy and have holes and/or paint stains (how did ya'll let me wear these things?!) so some Pinterest outfit research and a mini-shopping spree tomorrow should do the trick! I guess when facing 12 year olds on a daily basis, I could care less about the state of my clothing, as long as I'm covered and comfortable...

And, in case you're wondering, (is anyone even reading my rambling thoughts anymore? I just spilled half my coffee directly onto my iphone/couch...) the *keep your fingers crossed* life plan is to stick around Frankfurt for a bit longer. We love it here. It's the right call for Mike's career.

Hopefully the higher-ups will go along with said plan, and in a timely manner this time.


Check out this cool obligatory "I'm At Work!" picture I took yesterday in a rush before anyone caught me attempting a work selfie. I have access to a label-maker and unlimited office supplies. Have they figured out yet that I'm an extremely unorganized person?





No comments: