Monday, September 16, 2013

To Paleo or not to Paleo?

... That is the question...

I feel compelled to jump on the Paleo/Crossfit bandwagon, since I'm seeing my friends doing it with AMAZING results. I honestly have no reason not to, seeing that my days are, well, pretty open right now. (I could have been doing this for the past 3 months? bahhhh)

Why now, you ask? Well, yesterday was an eye opener of sorts. I biked for a while with Mike through the woods, and every time I had to go uphill, I was angry. I don't want to fall into a place where I'm too out of shape to participate in anything active. And then I ate my dang face off the rest of the day-- eggs in the morning, garlic butter baguette, french fries, and a cinnamon roll for lunch, plus a beer, and macaroni and cheese for dinner. NOT okay.

I don't want to obsess over food, or have it inhibit my time here in Germany. But I've got to get out of this 'vacation' mindset, because one cannot vacation-eat for an entire year and come out unscathed.

I'm going with Paleo for 30 days because it seems feasible in this meat-and-potatoes society I'm currently in. I love me some veggies; the markets are bountiful with fresh, organic, and cheap produce here. Plus, Mike has had some crazy acid-reflux this past year that we believe is provoked by bread/pastas/and gluten in general. Also, my lovely friends Danielle and Hilary have been sticking with it, so I think that reading their blogs and seeing their postings will keep me encouraged.

CrossFit is crazy expensive over here, but I found an at-home plan that I think will work, especially with the yucky rainy cold weather we've been having over here.

Soooo-- putting something in writing always helps me to go forth with a plan. It's 30 days; I can do anything for 30 days. Also, there's Oktoberfest right in the middle, so I can stick with Paleo and forget it for those 3 days, then be right back on track. It works like that, right? :)

This is the plan I'm trying out-- but if you have a better one, then let me know! Here goes nothing!

http://cleaneatsinthezoo.com/index/30-day-at-home-crossfit-challenge-workouts/30-day-at-home-crossfit-challenge-with-paleo-meal-plan/





No comments: