Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And we're back.

Hmm, I dunno. Just needed a break, I suppose.
And life took over, with school starting and whatnot.

I interrupted a lovely friend's class today to bring her manna from heaven (a.k.a. boston cream cupcakes that I slaved over last night) and she stopped what she was doing to tell her sweet 6th graders how cool I am. As they looked up at me with bright-eyed wonder plastered on their faces, I thought, "Dang. I AM pretty cool." Anyways, she asked if anyone had a question for me, and I received a few, "What do you teach?" and "What's Odyssey of the Mind?"

But one strapping young girl asked, "Do you like to write?"

I hesitated and started to answer, "Why of course, young, impressionable sweet girl."

But then Della called me out and said to be honest... and the honest answer was, "Currently, only if I'm blogging!"

And as a result; a post. (I'm sure everyone has given up on this by now, but I'll start back up, maybe.)

While I could revisit the joys of teaching and the first couple weeks of school, the tears already shed and the mini-celebrations over fantastic poems written by students, I'll hold off. It's my dang fifth year of teaching; go look at one of my other posts from the first week of school from previous years and I'm sure it'll be the same.

Instead, I'll praise the man who has my heart:

(First date! I snicker every time I see this picture...)

We talked about high school over dinner tonight with his parentals and it filled my heart with joy... our shared history, the past adventures and ones to come. I'm a lucky girl and am so proud to call this guy my husband.




I have good feelings about this year. It's gonna be epic. 


No comments: