Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Last week was GLORIOUS. I spent the first half of the week floating around in the pool at the house Kristin was staying at. Think resort pool-- Michael stayed as well, and it truly felt like we were on a mini-vacation. Every day I was active in some capacity, but then the rest of the time was full of relaxing nothing-ness. Books were read, naps were taken, and plenty of outside time was in the mix. God knows I need my outside time to survive this life... even if it simply entails lounging at Starbucks after a stroll through the neighborhood.


The second half was in good ol' Melb with the fam. I haven't seen my parental units since Christmas, or eaten at Da Kines. And I sure do love my momma... (and Barney Bowls.)





Every day included pool time at the Checchia's. I so love playing with Diego in the pool--- he's nonstop the entire time we are home, then takes two days to recover once we've left the fun.



And I pretty much decided that I'm going to take up bird watching as a hobby.
I have no shame in making that proclamation.
Sandy hill cranes are my current favorite:




But herons are cool too. Especially when they're seeking dinner by moonlight.


This weekend I was struck by how stinkin' pretty Melbourne can be-- this weekend I was struck by the blessing of growing up in such a beautiful location. St. Augustine has nothing on Brevard County...





Easter was perfectly low-key. An uplifting (and chilly!) sunrise service at the park where Michael and I took wedding pictures, delicious breakfast, pool time and an amazing dinner. I've said it before, but I'll say it again-- I'm so blessed to have two sets of phenomenal parents!!


1 comment:

AMY! said...

you sound like a sappy poet when you say things like "when they're seeking dinner by moonlight."