Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What do you love right now?

There's a blog that I read that warms my heart. The writer has such a profound way of expressing herself that I leave loving life just a little bit more. In her recent post she talked about how she challenges her littles to answer the question, "What do you love right now?" I feel like I've been rushing through living, ready for the next adventure, always looking forward to something else... but I truly need to be reminded to slow down and savor each unique day on its own. I heard the country song "You're Gonna Miss This" the other day, and I found myself tearing up because nestled within the stress of life, I'm so stinkin' blessed to be right here in this present moment of life.


The writer of my favorite blog wrote on being thankful:
"And I think that's what gratitude really is--recognizing every bit of wonder in our surroundings, from the seagulls that swoop in the background at the beach to the extra sprinkles that are generously spooned on scoops of vanilla when we venture out for ice cream."


So simple, and so me. I find myself most grateful for this life when I slow down and notice the little things... like how the two oak trees on my drive home form a heart with their branches... the baby cows that are loping across the field... enjoying a drink on the porch while Mike mows the lawn... little kids' faces lighting up when they receive their sugar cookies at Publix. I always thought myself to be a little corny for being so joy-filled over little things. But it's okay. It's who we were created to be. 


So what do I love right now, in this very moment?


I love...
    ...snuggling with Mike and Diego on the couch, watching Man vs. Food.
    ...that I can't go to school for the next two days, even if it means I'm sick. 
    ... the change of weather, the smells of fall, and chili for dinner. 


What do you love right now?



No comments:

Blog Archive