Friday, November 4, 2011

to a new *CLEAN* me

A new month always presents new challenges and the chance to start over. Lately I've been struggling with my inability to keep a clean house... I know in the grand scheme of life that sounds so trivial but I find that life's just a *teensy* bit less stressful if I come home to a relatively clutter-free home. My current cleaning style is waiting until I can't see the counters anymore beneath the junk, or I can't fit anymore dishes into both sinks, or there's mildew creeping up the sides of the shower wall and toilet paper rolls spilling like a waterfall over the side of the bathroom trashcan. So, although it's not spring or new years, I'm officially dubbing this November as a month devoted to starting fresh and forming effective cleaning habits.

First and foremost, I vow to put everything back in its place immediately. I will not leave the banana peel and lathered peanutbutter knife on the counter; I will toss the peel and lay the knife in its final resting place. My dirty clothes will make it all the way into the hamper instead of on my dresser counter. I'll make sure the sink is empty and clean each night.

And (drumroll, please) I'll attempt to clean 15 minutes a day during the week so I no longer have to give up one of my precious weekend days. We'll see how it goes.

Monday- Floors
Tuesday- Dust & vacuum bedroom
Wednesday- Laundry day
Thursday- Clean master bathroom
Friday- kitchen-- clean counters, mop, wipe fingerprints

No comments:

Blog Archive