Sunday, July 31, 2011

The maid is gone..

... and now I'm left with having to cook again. And without my built-in dog watcher/walker...

But seriously, I'm so thankful for the time that we had together and that we get along so well. She keeps me on my toes & makes me think about the important things in life, like how the price of quinoa is going up for indigenous Peruvian families because we're consuming more of it here, or how I should get veggies from the local farm. She's calm, collected, hilarious, the life of the party, and not afraid to go out on her own to explore the world.

I'm so proud of her for who she is and can't wait to see where life will take her. I'm blessed to have the best sister ever, who loves me despite all the torturing she endured as a kid.

 Have the most amazing time on your road trip, Annie... we'll all be living vicariously through you :)







1 comment:

Danielle said...

I was also shocked about the price of quinoa going up for the Peruvians. It breaks my heart and totally makes me want to buy "fair trade" when we run out of our stock.

Tell Annie I said hi!