Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hilary always inspires me to think about life-things through her blog, so props go out to her for today's list!


I Love My Mom because she...



...introduced me to great music, like Joni Mitchell, Michael Feinstein, Raffi, and ABBA. 

...is a phenomenal, passionate musician and I loved watching my parents sing together when I was a kid.

....has always worked so hard to provide for us.

....makes an excellent roadtrip partner.

... loved and instilled in me a love for Starbucks way before it was the cool thing to do.

.... is inspiring me to get back into tennis after she re-found her love.

... prefers homemade, thoughtful presents....

...  made sure I received the best education possible and went to the best schools.

... went back to college for her Masters, even though I know it was tough to be away from us (or maybe she welcomed the time away!)

... is impressive for creating fantastic soups out leftovers

... told me that one day I'd be best friends with my sister... (and she was right)

...comforted me during my awkward stages by saying, 
"You know, the dorks are the ones who end up being CEOs of companies while the popular kids work at McDonalds...."

... took away cable when she saw how demeaning and negative MTV was

... questioned when I had Bs on my report card, but was never demanding or angry. She just knew I could do better.

...sang songs and read to me before bedtime

...cheered on the sidelines for countless tennis matches, went to every band concert, sports banquet, and choir recital imaginable. 

...still drives up to watch my OM kids perform or to cheer me on at the teacher-of-the-year banquet

... shares fond memories of her Mom & Dad growing up on ranches, chugging away at guitars, and taking in numerous children's friends who had no other place to go. They sound like amazing people-- I can see where my mom gets her gentle demeanor from her mother and humor from her dad.

...always let me figure out my own way, but was there encouraging me through every step.

... supported me financially through college... and emotionally all the time...

...let's me pick out her outfits...

... is always there to listen to me and offer comforting words when I'm sick, whiny, or just having a bad day.


I love my mother googooplexilly and am so thankful for her!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. She is special and I lover her too!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oops. I mean I love her too!

Blog Archive