Sunday, May 1, 2011

Amy's Wedding Day

Why not... I'm on a role, might as well post about the events I've been meaning to blog about...I never finished updating about Amy's beautiful wedding day!

We woke up bright and early that Sunday morning and the first thing Amy did was update Facebook on her current status of 'getting married today.' I made fun of her and then Kel and I were dancing around and singing harmonies to "Going to the Chapel." We were incredulous that the day had finally arrived! Amy wanted to make sure she wrote a note to Paul the morning of (and I texted him to 'remind' him to do the same...)


We got ready at the beautiful house her family was staying at. Amy had gotten us cute robes with our names on them, so we all matched. But I'm lame and didn't take any pictures, so use your imagination. And somehow in the mix, someone spilled red wine all over my bridesmaid's dress... and it WASN"T me...oops! But Mrs. Whittington to the rescue who was able to get it out.



Slight mishap with the Spanx... ended up being the pantyhose kind. While I tried to cut the legs off, that made it worse. Quite the situation. 


Amy married into a fantastic family. I heart her sister-in-laws!

I was so full of joy to be sharing that special day with my besties. I'm beyond thankful that God brought us all  together in 8th grade, a "cord of 3 strands that is not quickly broken." 
The Lord created Paul and Amy for each other; spending a week with them was amazing as I saw just how perfectly their personalities complement each other and how in love they are. I was certainly encouraged in my faith through the time we spent together bestowing love on Amers.
I'm so blessed to have amazing best friends who will always be there for me!
Now we gotta get the other married off so we can move into our cul de sac and take family vacations together... yes please. 

No comments:

Blog Archive