Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My heart aches.

This afternoon Mike and I got some news that shook up our whole world. Mike's dad has been diagnosed with leukemia pretty much out of nowhere. He's been sick with what was though to be a cold or bronchitis for the past month, and when it didn't get better, they took an MRI and figured out what it was. I seriously can't believe this is happening. All day I was out of it at school as I awaited a phone call. Fortunately I didn't find out until after school.

My teachers are beyond incredible. What a support system I've got there, from both them and my principal. They were beyond the normal 'sympathetic' and i truly felt like their hearts broke for us. Nancy even started crying for me, which really touched my heart because I know that they care about me. Two of them battled cancer a couple of years ago while another two lost their parents around the same time, so they basically kicked me out of school and told me to take care of my husband. My principal even said that she'd go in and teach my classes if she had to. They're amazing. I know that I will be able to lean on them as Mike and I support each other and edify his family through this difficult time.  

No comments: