Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life musings

On a flight to Seattle, sitting next to a sweet couple who shared they've been married for 53 years and are about to embark on an Alaskan cruise together. The lady to my right just pounded her second margarita.

And I, two days after returning home from a phenomenal vacay, hopped right back onto a plane to spend the next two weeks with my sister gallivanting through the woods and various breweries.
My mind is in such a sweet place; rather than anxiety over the big move, I'm at peace for this next phase of life. Filled with excitement and hope that God is preparing the perfect place for Michael and I. My prayer is for our relationships with the Lord and each other would grow during this time, that we would throw ourselves into making the most out of the months ahead. This chapter is ending, and who knows what's in store for the future? I'll take each day, one at a time, and fill it with only joyful things. Thats the goal, at least. I'll have the best school year yet and love on my coworkers and students recklessly. I'll create an extensive Goodbye For Now, Florida bucket list and try my best to check them all off. I won't worry about what's going to happen to the house and the dog and will I be able to work where we are going and how can I possibly function without the proximity of my family and friends and will I hate where we are going will there be air conditioning will I contract food borne illnesses and what if it's smelly and dirty and impoverished and will I make new friends and was this the right decision after all??

Simply going to live in the moment.

No comments: